The biggest problem with most heavy-duty rain jackets and bibs is that they’re heavy – and staying dry means staying hot, unless you find foul weather gear like the new Gage Storm Runner.
To understand how these jackets and pants can be light but still offer full protection, you have to understand where this stuff comes from. Gage is made by Grundens. You know, the folks that make the gear that’s so protective, all the commercial Alaskan king crabbers wear it and swear by it. But, those heavy-duty Grundens will make you sweat, and they’re really designed for commercial use. So Grundens started the Gage line, which is for the recreational world. A while back we told you about their Shackleton, a waterproof duffel for boaters, and now their line’s expanding.
Their Storm Runners have a two-layer nylon ripstop shell, which is waterproof but breathable. Put both the jacket and the pants together, and they weigh just 26 ounces. This construction also makes them easy to stow; they’ll fold up and stow right inside their own pockets, so you can toss a pair into a dry stowage compartment and keep them on hand for whenever you need ’em.
The pants feature an elastic waistband and the legs zipper open, so you can get them over boots in a hurry when the clouds open up unexpectedly. Cuffs have Velcro, so you can adjust their sizes on the fly. Pants and jackets are available in extra-small to 5-X large sizes, and go for about $65 bucks. If you want some lightweight weather protection that isn’t built lightly, this is the stuff you should be checking out. More info is at Grundens.
- Armed Citizens Stop Purse Snatcher - Don't Make These Mistakes [VIDEO]
- Company Creates New Pain-free Method for Measuring Fish
- Ford unveils 2017 Super Duty
- A 90 MPH Center Console Fishing Boat? YES!
- Texas' newest open range state record non-typical whitetail buck
- Crazy Fast Deer Skinning - 1 minute 48 seconds [VIDEO]
- Dragon’s Breath: The easiest way to rake your leaves (VIDEO)
- Photos: Deer Photobombs Everything This Photographer Does