Scary but true: Youtube has become the world’s second-largest search engine. The good news is that no matter what you’re into, you can find some pretty awesome Youtube videos about it. And yes, that includes boating. Here are three of my favorites, which I’m sure every boater out there will find interesting.
1. The Fire-Boat – Watch as this slick captain uses the wake of his own boat to put out the fire on another boat. This guy has amazing timing and control – and he gets the job done.
2. The Peoria Carp Hunters – These guys are AMAZING!! What could be better than water skiing while armored in trash cans and shin-guards which have been “modified” with spikes, to skewer flying Asian carp? These guys will show you: swinging a sword at the jumping fish, at the same time. This is one seriously entertaining video, folks – I just went to Youtube to get the link, and couldn’t resist watching it for the fifth or sixth time. It’s hilarious.
3. Boat Wheelies – What happens when you put 300 horses on a small ski boat, trim the engines all the way up, and floor it? The boat does a “wheelie”. Seriously. In fact, in this video they get the boat to move forward holding a 90-degree angle to the water. You have to wonder how the guy at the wheel doesn’t go falling out of the boat. Amazing!
BONUS VIDEO – Boat Transformers – Okay, maybe this one’s a bit self-serving, since I made it myself. But I find it fascinating to watch it a year later, because it never ceases to amaze me how many crazy “luxury” things people build into boats. This is a montage of the items on a pair of Sealine boats (a 48 and a 50) that move at the press of a button. TV’s, couches, Bimini tops, tables – they’re all automatic. A bit crazy, for sure, but fun to watch!
- Florida Man Tries to Kiss Cottonmouth Snake, Hospitalized after Bite
- Past Issues
- Texas Senate approves open carry of handguns
- What to Do if a Lion Opens Your Car Door (VIDEO)
- Watch: Snake takes a ride on the windshield of a car
- Watch: B.C. man captures video of orcas attacking sea lions off Hornby Island
- PowerPro Maxcuatro