Houston man dies from flesh-eating bacteria

CBS 11 finds two kind of ammos in short supply in TX
March 2, 2014
Welcome to the New Fishgame Site
March 3, 2014

Red Blood Cells


A fisherman, who suffered a seemingly minor scrape during a Sunday outing on Lake Conroe, has died from an infection of flesh-eating bacteria.

Travis Lee Moore, a 74-year-old retired postal worker and former firefighter from the Southeast Texas town of Chester, succumbed only five days after a fishing trip with four of his brothers.

“It was a scrape on the top of his hand, on his finger,” said his brother, Robert Moore of Woodville.


The infection’s severity didn’t become apparent until two days after the trip, when his family thought Moore was suffering a heart attack. His brother, Robert, took him to a hospital in Huntsville where the problem was diagnosed.

As friends spread the word of prayer chains through social media, Moore was transferred to Memorial Hermann Hospital in Houston.  He died the Friday following the weekend fishing trip.

An autopsy conducted by Harris County forensic specialists later confirmed the cause of death, but his brother isn’t convinced the infection happened during the family fishing trip.  He says an emergency room doctor told him there’s no telling what caused it.

“I don’t think it was the fish,” Robert Moore said. “Now, that’s my opinion.”

Rumors of the incident have been spreading around the Lake Conroe fishing community. Fishermen, who spend much of their time on the freshwater late, expressed surprise, saying they generally associate flesh-eating bacteria with salt water.

To read more click here.

Source: KHOU


Comments are closed.