Bass Pro Shops free event helps hunters prepare for upcoming seasons.
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. —The Fall Hunting Classic, held at 63 Bass Pro Shops stores throughout the U.S. and Canada, is set for Aug. 1 to Aug. 17, 2014. This annual event offers free seminars led by nationally recognized professional hunters, special offers, and a chance to win the “Once in a Lifetime Hunting Trip.” Bass Pro Shops Fall Hunting Classic, held Aug. 1 – 17, is as much a tradition as swapping hunting stories around the campfire. During the event, stores across the U.S. and Canada will offer free hunting seminars, great deals on hunting gear, and a chance to win the “Once in a Lifetime Hunting Trip.”
“August is the perfect time for Bass Pro Shops to host our Fall Hunting Classic because hunters are champing at the bit to get ready for fall,” said Tammy Sapp, Bass Pro Shops communications director. “We’ve been hosting this event for more than 20 years now so it’s as much a part of fall traditions as campfires and swapping hunting stories. The event is popular because hunters know they can expect to learn valuable hunting tips at our free seminars and shop a huge selection of the latest gear, clothes and boots.”
Many sportsmen and women look forward to the event all year long. This 17-day event is expected to draw more than 100,000 people to each store.*
In addition to free seminars and great deals on hunting gear, customers can also enter a sweepstakes to win the “Once in a Lifetime Helicopter Hunting Trip with Brian Pigman Quaca.” The winner will receive a two-hour helicopter hunt in Texas with the Pigman, a prize package with a retail value of approximately $9,000. Visit http://www.basspro.com/classic for details.**
During the Fall Hunting Classic, nationally recognized professional hunters, local pros and outdoorsmen and women will conduct seminars at the stores and answer hunters’ questions. Seminar topics will include: hunting big game near home, camo patterns matter, how to cook venison, and new strategies for fall hunting success. ***(Check local store listings for pros, topics, dates and times).
Other special events are listed below:
• Aug. 1-3 – Bass Pro Shops Hunting University. Attend free classes taught by top pros.
• Aug. 1-6 – Bow/Crossbow Trade-In. Hunters with bows and crossbows that don’t get a lot of action anymore can trade them in at a participating Bass Pro Shops store during Bow/Crossbow Trade-In days. This trade-in event, which is held Aug. 1-6, allows hunters to trade in old bows and crossbows for a coupon worth up to $100 off the purchase price of a new bow or crossbow. The donated bows and crossbows will be given to local nonprofit groups whose mission is to teach children about archery and the outdoors. See a store associate for details on all trade-in offers. Women interested in learning how to hunt or improve their hunting skills will enjoy a free workshop just for them at Bass Pro Shops stores across the U.S. and Canada.
• Aug. 7-12 –Binocular and Rangefinder Trade-In. Hunters can trade-in their old binoculars and rangefinders and receive money toward new models at a participating Bass Pro Shops store during Binocular and Rangefinder Trade-In days. This trade-in event, which is held Aug. 7-12, allows hunters to trade in old binoculars and rangefinders for a coupon worth up to $100 off the price of new binoculars or rangefinders. The donated binoculars and rangefinders will be given to local nonprofit groups whose mission is to teach children about the outdoors. See a store associate for details on all trade-in offers.
• Aug. 9 – Women’s Hunting Workshop. 3 p.m. Women interested in learning how to hunt or to improve their hunting skills will enjoy a special workshop just for them with tips, resource information and advice.
• Aug. 9-10 – Next Generation Weekend. Noon-5 p.m. On Target Challenge! In cooperation with Daisy®, youth can learn 10 safety tips and the basics for safe, fun and accurate BB shooting at the Bass Pro Shops/Daisy BB shooting range. Seminars will be held at 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. each day. The Fall Hunting Classic offers free activities for youth during the Aug. 9-10 Next Generation Weekend. This special event features learning about safe shooting at the Bass Pro Shops/Daisy BB shooting range, activities at the archery range as well as crafts and free photo downloads.
• Fun craft coloring projects including a keepsake wooden cutout backpack clip, shaped like an animal such as a fox or a squirrel. Noon to 4 p.m. (while supplies last).
• Plus, the first 100 kids to complete a punch card of activities each day will receive a free fox drawstring backpack (while supplies).
• Aug. 9-10 – Free Photo Download. Kids can get a free photo download and an On Target certificate for completing the BB shooting range and archery activities. Noon-5 p.m.
• Aug. 13-17 – Scope Trade-In. Need a new scope? Trade in the old one and save on a new one at participating Bass Pro Shops stores during Scope Trade-In days. This trade-in event, which is held Aug. 13-17, allows hunters to trade in old scopes for a coupon worth up to $100 off the price of a new scope. The donated scopes will be given to local nonprofit groups whose mission is to teach children about the outdoors. See a store associate for details on all trade-in offers.
• Aug. 15-17* —Hunter Appreciation Weekend. Attend free seminars.
“Hunting is an activity that brings families together and allows them to spend quality time in the outdoors. We love knowing that Bass Pro Shops plays a role in passing this family tradition down from one generation to the next. That’s why we plan Fall Hunting Classic seminars and activities for everyone in the family, including women and youth.” said Sapp. “It’s really important that today’s young people get involved in the outdoors so they can gain the knowledge needed to become the future stewards of our natural resources and support conservation.”
Hunters have always been and continue to be the largest contributors to wildlife conservation through the hunting licenses, tags and stamps they buy. Another important source of funding for state wildlife conservation efforts are the excise taxes sportsmen and women pay on firearms, ammunition and archery equipment through the Federal Aid in Wildlife Restoration Program. Through that program, sportsmen and women have contributed more than $7 billion to conservation. Those dollars combined with hunting license fees provide more than 75 percent of the funding for most state fish and wildlife agencies. Sportsmen and women contribute nearly $8 million to conservation every day through license fees, stamps, permits, excise taxes, and contributions to conservation groups.
The Fall Hunting Classic is just one of many free family events that Bass Pro Shops stores offer throughout the year. The Spring Fishing Classic, “Go Outdoors,” Halloween and Easter events along with special nostalgic events such as “Santa’s Wonderland” and “Family Summer Camp” offer families a way to reconnect with life’s simpler times and create new traditions and memories.
For more information about the free Bass Pro Shops Fall Hunting Classic, go to http://www.basspro.com/classic or view a video with general information about the event at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyipQMMVTCM&feature=youtu.be.
* Stores not participating in this event include locations in Miami, Florida; Islamorada, Florida; Branson, Missouri; and the outlet store in Springfield, Missouri.
**Contest rules: Customers may also enter to win online at http://www.basspro.com. One Grand Prize winner will be drawn nationally. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM PRIZE. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States or District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Void where prohibited. Sweepstakes begins 12:00 a.m. CT on 8/2/14 and 11:59 p.m. CT on 8/17/14.)
***Dates may vary. Check local store listings for specific time and dates. Appearances, times and topics are subject to change.
Suggested Photo Captions:
Campfire scene image: Bass Pro Shops Fall Hunting Classic, held Aug. 1 – 17, is as much a tradition as swapping hunting stories around the campfire. During the event, stores across the U.S. and Canada will offer free hunting seminars, great deals on hunting gear, and a chance to win the “Once in a Lifetime Hunting Trip.”
Woman hunter image: On Aug. 9, women interested in learning how to hunt or improve their hunting skills will enjoy a free workshop just for them at Bass Pro Shops stores across the U.S. and Canada.
Adventure Kids image: The Fall Hunting Classic offers free activities for youth during the Aug. 9-10 Next Generation Weekend. This special event features learning about safe shooting at the Bass Pro Shops/Daisy BB shooting range, activities at the archery range as well as crafts and free photo downloads.
About Bass Pro Shops®
Bass Pro Shops®, which specializes in outdoor fun, operates 87 retail stores and Tracker Marine Centers across America and Canada that are visited by more than 116 million people every year. Bass Pro Shops stores, many of which feature restaurants, offer hunting, fishing, camping and other outdoor gear while their catalogs and website serve shoppers throughout the world. The company’s Tracker Marine Group® (http://www.trackermarine.com), which has produced the number one selling brand of fishing boats for more than 35 years, manufactures and sells a variety of boats for fishing and cruising. Family fun is on tap at Bass Pro Shops resort Big Cedar Lodge® (http://www.bigcedar.com), voted number six by Travel + Leisure Magazine as World’s Best Hotels for Families. For more information, visit http://www.basspro.com. To request a free catalog, call 1-800-BASS PRO. Follow us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/bassproshops.
Contact: Katie Mitchell (417) 873-5618 [email protected]