Alex Gomez, 36, was bitten by the 1.2m rattler in a field at his family’s ranch in Lake Elsinore, a community about 100km southeast of Los Angeles.
Alex Gomez’s mother, Deborah, told KCBS that her son’s “skin is already rotting away,” and he may his hand because of the bite wound.
“I’m shocked that he would have that thing around his neck,” she told the station. “It could’ve bit his neck, and that would have been it. That’s just being a fool.”
Rattlesnakes, whose bites can be fatal, are found in many parts of California.
Source: Yahoo News