Flounder like tiny menhaden. If you are seeing a lot of flounder striking the surface and “rolling” as I like to call it but cannot get them to hit, switch to tiny shad imitations.
I caught around 85 of the 102 flounder I did in the four day Fall Flounder Run in 2011 using the 2.5-inch Sassy Shad by Mr. Twister on an 1/2 oz jighead and tipped with shrimp.
This is an absolutely killer lure and has been the ticket for me not only when the bite gets weird but in general.
- El Nino Ushers in Weird Waterfowling – Observe & Adapt for Waterfowl Success
- The 10 Most Annoying Things for Deer Hunters
- New State Law Confirms Those Licensed to Carry in Texas Are Allowed in City Hall
- Late fall and winter fishing techniques along the middle coast
- Texas' newest open range state record non-typical whitetail buck
- Bastrop County: Here, piggy piggy piggy
- Subscriber Login
- Past Issues