Flounder like tiny menhaden. If you are seeing a lot of flounder striking the surface and “rolling” as I like to call it but cannot get them to hit, switch to tiny shad imitations.
I caught around 85 of the 102 flounder I did in the four day Fall Flounder Run in 2011 using the 2.5-inch Sassy Shad by Mr. Twister on an 1/2 oz jighead and tipped with shrimp.
This is an absolutely killer lure and has been the ticket for me not only when the bite gets weird but in general.
- Shootout in Palestine, This is How Fast it Happens! [VIDEO]
- Applications for TPWD Drawn Hunts is now open
- Man dies trying to suck venom from decapitated snake to boost his immunity
- What to do if You Encounter an Alligator
- Past Issues
- BP and five Gulf states announced an $18.7 billion settlement
- Choosing Your First Defensive Rifle
- Man reels in possible world record trout in Indian River
- Bass Anglers for Saltwater Conservation