The Jan. 2012 edition of Texas Fish & Game contains an article written by yours truly entitled Topwater Vs. Slow Sinkers.
It asks the question which of these lures is best for catching big speckled trout and gets into some strategies that combine both lures for maximum effect on finding the trout of your dreams. If you are a trout fisherman you need to check this one out.
Here’s a question for those of you serious about catching big specks.
Do you think it would be effective to use a Corky on say an 24-30-inch leader fished behind a chugger like a Sebile Splasher? Chug the lure and then the Corky sinks slowly. We talk about using them with plastics like Bass Assassins but what about a Corky? What might be some of the mechanical problems?
- Past Issues
- Mistakes Anglers Make - Don't Do This!
- The Universal Suppressor - Griffin Armament Optimus Review
- Walk-up Saltwater (Location Maps, Species, Lure/Baits, and Times Included!)
- Man Attempts to Feed Snake a Fish, Gets Bitten Instead (VIDEO)
- Armed Citizens Open Fire and Stop Barbershop Robbery [VIDEO]
- North America’s Largest White Deer Herd Suffers Dramatic Decline