The Jan. 2012 edition of Texas Fish & Game contains an article written by yours truly entitled Topwater Vs. Slow Sinkers.
It asks the question which of these lures is best for catching big speckled trout and gets into some strategies that combine both lures for maximum effect on finding the trout of your dreams. If you are a trout fisherman you need to check this one out.
Here’s a question for those of you serious about catching big specks.
Do you think it would be effective to use a Corky on say an 24-30-inch leader fished behind a chugger like a Sebile Splasher? Chug the lure and then the Corky sinks slowly. We talk about using them with plastics like Bass Assassins but what about a Corky? What might be some of the mechanical problems?
- Armed Citizens Stop Purse Snatcher - Don't Make These Mistakes [VIDEO]
- Company Creates New Pain-free Method for Measuring Fish
- Ford unveils 2017 Super Duty
- A 90 MPH Center Console Fishing Boat? YES!
- Texas' newest open range state record non-typical whitetail buck
- Dragon’s Breath: The easiest way to rake your leaves (VIDEO)
- Crazy Fast Deer Skinning - 1 minute 48 seconds [VIDEO]
- Photos: Deer Photobombs Everything This Photographer Does