The Jan. 2012 edition of Texas Fish & Game contains an article written by yours truly entitled Topwater Vs. Slow Sinkers.
It asks the question which of these lures is best for catching big speckled trout and gets into some strategies that combine both lures for maximum effect on finding the trout of your dreams. If you are a trout fisherman you need to check this one out.
Here’s a question for those of you serious about catching big specks.
Do you think it would be effective to use a Corky on say an 24-30-inch leader fished behind a chugger like a Sebile Splasher? Chug the lure and then the Corky sinks slowly. We talk about using them with plastics like Bass Assassins but what about a Corky? What might be some of the mechanical problems?
- NJ 5th Grader Suspended For Having Nerf Gun ‘Bullet’ in His Pocket
- Watch: Snake takes a ride on the windshield of a car
- Texas Senate approves open carry of handguns
- Hunting constitutional amendment clears Texas Legislature
- Boat Trailers: Bunks versus Rollers
- Past Issues
- Florida Man Tries to Kiss Cottonmouth Snake, Hospitalized after Bite