The Jan. 2012 edition of Texas Fish & Game contains an article written by yours truly entitled Topwater Vs. Slow Sinkers.
It asks the question which of these lures is best for catching big speckled trout and gets into some strategies that combine both lures for maximum effect on finding the trout of your dreams. If you are a trout fisherman you need to check this one out.
Here’s a question for those of you serious about catching big specks.
Do you think it would be effective to use a Corky on say an 24-30-inch leader fished behind a chugger like a Sebile Splasher? Chug the lure and then the Corky sinks slowly. We talk about using them with plastics like Bass Assassins but what about a Corky? What might be some of the mechanical problems?
- Important Change to Texas Knife Laws is Coming Sept. 1
- Protect Your Right to Hunt and Fish in Texas - Vote!
- Man could lose his hand after taking a 'selfie' with a rattlesnake
- Shootout in Palestine, This is How Fast it Happens! [VIDEO]
- Secretary of State John Kerry Signs United Nations Gun Ban Treaty Against Wishes of U.S. Senate
- Toledo Bend Lake #1
- Huge Bobcat Uses Boy as a Scratching Post (VIDEO)
- Walmart halts AR sales, shifts to hunting rifles and shotguns
- POD - 80 Pound Amber Jack!