Crappie tend to hold super tight to cover in ponds, perhaps more so than on big lakes. When fishing brush piles fish as close as possible without getting tangle when using shiners. When using jigs, try rigging tube jigs weedless and actually fish inside the cover.
What are your favorite tactics for crappie in ponds?
- The Tragic Saga of a Texas “Superbuck”
- Whitetail Vacation: Affordable Deer Management Hunts in Texas
- Past Issues
- Three New Fishing Boats for Under $15,000
- What’s happened to the ShreLunkers (13 + lb bass)?
- The Universal Suppressor - Griffin Armament Optimus Review
- Texas CHL and 30.06 - Where can I carry?