One of the coolest things I have done on behalf of the Flounder Revolution (R) is present the University of Texas Marine Science Institutewith a replica of the 13-pound, 11 ounce monster flounder that resided there. I had the great pleasure of getting to hold the fish and get a photo with it in 2009 and it is still a hot topic at the seminars and book signings I do.
This amazing fish was 11-ounces heavier than Herbert Endicott’s state record from Sabine Lake circa 1976. Kaiser shipped with fish to Ken Laudadio from The Fish Mount Store who does the replica fish for Flounder Revolution (R). He made a mold of it and produced two copies, one that I have and debuted at the first Flatfish University (TM) event and that will be a part of all future clinics. The other now proudly hangs at UTMSI and is a tribute to the great work they have done on behalf of not only flounder but other important species like snook and ling.
Jeff Kaiser and Chester Moore at UTMSI with the massive replica. The thickness of this fish has to be seen to be believed. (Photo by Lisa Moore)
- Skeet Shooting with Asian Carp (VIDEO)
- The 16 Most Ludicrously Customized Cheap Guns
- Side Scanning Fishfinders: Marvelous or Myth?
- First deer with Dad
- Reminder to Take Hunter Education before Heading to the Field
- Shootout in Palestine, This is How Fast it Happens! [VIDEO]
- Reloading .22LR Rimfire
- Past Issues
- Important: new BF Goodrich tire recall