A 5-year-old boy was reportedly suspended from schoolafter making a gun gesture with his hand on the playground.
“He was playing army on the playground,” Hendrix told WBTV. “I just felt like the punishment was way too severe.”
The boy was issued a one day in-school suspension from his kindergarten class at Pinewood Elementary School.
Hendrix wanted the issue resolved and met with the school principle who did not want to drop the suspension, so he pressed further.
“I requested an immediate meeting that night with him myself and the school board, at their pleasure, anytime that night. And at that point they decided it was not worth the effort, not worth the headache and dropped everything right then and there,” Hendrix told WBTV.
In the school’s handbook, there is no mention of punishment for making a ‘gun gesture’ with your hand, WBTV reported. Calls made by WBTV to the school went unanswered.
- Past Issues
- Florida Man Tries to Kiss Cottonmouth Snake, Hospitalized after Bite
- Texas Senate approves open carry of handguns
- Fishing for alligator gar in portions of the Trinity River prohibited
- Texas Biggest Bass
- Feral hog control possible with advanced trapping system
- Watch: Snake takes a ride on the windshield of a car