A 5-year-old boy was reportedly suspended from schoolafter making a gun gesture with his hand on the playground.
“He was playing army on the playground,” Hendrix told WBTV. “I just felt like the punishment was way too severe.”
The boy was issued a one day in-school suspension from his kindergarten class at Pinewood Elementary School.
Hendrix wanted the issue resolved and met with the school principle who did not want to drop the suspension, so he pressed further.
“I requested an immediate meeting that night with him myself and the school board, at their pleasure, anytime that night. And at that point they decided it was not worth the effort, not worth the headache and dropped everything right then and there,” Hendrix told WBTV.
In the school’s handbook, there is no mention of punishment for making a ‘gun gesture’ with your hand, WBTV reported. Calls made by WBTV to the school went unanswered.
- Shootout in Palestine, This is How Fast it Happens! [VIDEO]
- Man dies trying to suck venom from decapitated snake to boost his immunity
- Applications for TPWD Drawn Hunts is now open
- Choosing Your First Defensive Rifle
- What to do if You Encounter an Alligator
- Man reels in possible world record trout in Indian River
- Shark Devours Angler’s Catch in 5 Feet of Water (VIDEO)
- BP and five Gulf states announced an $18.7 billion settlement
- Bass Anglers for Saltwater Conservation