Authorities were called twice on Wednesday to investigate suspicious men with rifles.
In the first case, Pickerington North High School and Lakeview Junior High were locked down for about 30 minutes when a student reported a man with a rifle near the schools, said Pickerington Superintendent Rob Walker.
Fairfield County deputies determined that the man was a hunter on his own property. The same thing happened seven or eight years ago, Walker said.
Still, he’s glad students are paying attention: “When in doubt, let’s err on the side of safety.”
In the second case, Columbus police cruisers converged on the Near East Side after reports of a man in camouflage with a gun near I-70 and Lilley Avenue.
Officers soon declared it a nonemergency, saying the man was a lost hunter.
- FN Tactical Crazy Flexible Magwell Update [VIDEO]
- Oops! Wal-Mart’s ‘Gun Oil’ turns out to be something you won't believe (VIDEO)
- Big ships having problems with menhaden
- Past Issues
- Shootout in Palestine, This is How Fast it Happens! [VIDEO]
- Texas' newest open range state record non-typical whitetail buck
- Subscriber Login