WASHINGTON — Guns will be on the table Friday when the Supreme Court meets in private conference to consider potential cases for next fall’s docket.
Just figuratively, of course. The petitions scheduled for potential discussion include three that challenge state or federal gun control laws.
None of those cases directly raises the next big legal issue in the national debate over guns: whether the right to keep a gun at home for self-defense extends to public places. The justices could choose to take on that issue now, but it would be a stretch.
However, a federal appeals court panel’s divided ruling last week in a California case makes it more likely that the question of guns outside the home will be heading to the high court soon.
Source: USA Today
- Armed Citizens Stop Purse Snatcher - Don't Make These Mistakes [VIDEO]
- Company Creates New Pain-free Method for Measuring Fish
- Ford unveils 2017 Super Duty
- A 90 MPH Center Console Fishing Boat? YES!
- Texas' newest open range state record non-typical whitetail buck
- Dragon’s Breath: The easiest way to rake your leaves (VIDEO)
- Crazy Fast Deer Skinning - 1 minute 48 seconds [VIDEO]
- Photos: Deer Photobombs Everything This Photographer Does