WASHINGTON — Guns will be on the table Friday when the Supreme Court meets in private conference to consider potential cases for next fall’s docket.
Just figuratively, of course. The petitions scheduled for potential discussion include three that challenge state or federal gun control laws.
None of those cases directly raises the next big legal issue in the national debate over guns: whether the right to keep a gun at home for self-defense extends to public places. The justices could choose to take on that issue now, but it would be a stretch.
However, a federal appeals court panel’s divided ruling last week in a California case makes it more likely that the question of guns outside the home will be heading to the high court soon.
Source: USA Today
- Texas Senate approves open carry of handguns
- Florida Man Tries to Kiss Cottonmouth Snake, Hospitalized after Bite
- Past Issues
- NJ 5th Grader Suspended For Having Nerf Gun ‘Bullet’ in His Pocket
- Subscriber Login
- Fishing for alligator gar in portions of the Trinity River prohibited
- Boat Trailers: Bunks versus Rollers