Did you know that between Sabine Lake and the Aransas Bay complex there are more than 200,000 acres of no fishing zones?
Yes, I am talking about federally enforced no fishing zones.
The Sabine National Wildlife Refuge on the TX/La. border is closed to fishing Oct. 15-March 15 and the Aransas National Wildlife Refuge is closed Oct. 15-April 15.
If fishing is not allowed for half the year doesn’t this qualify them as no fishing zones?
Do you know how easy it would be for the President on say his last day of office to make all refuges along the coast no fishing zones?
All it would take is the stroke of a pen.
- Matt Williams - Building Trotlines
- Florida Man Tries to Kiss Cottonmouth Snake, Hospitalized after Bite
- Arkansas Angler Catches Piranha, Nearly Loses Finger
- Game Warden Field Notes
- NOAA Fisheries Announced Commercial and Recreational Quota Increases for Red Snapper and the Recreational Seasons in the Gulf of Mexico
- Canvass Care: Extend Your T-Top Life by Years
- Video: African Warthog Nearly Stumbles into Blind, Shot at One Yard
- Stanford Biologist Gets Squids Eye View
- Flex Fishing Episode 2