Texas Fish & Game

The National News of Texas

April 22, 2021

CCA Says The Release Matters

Nearly four million finfish were killed during the 2021 Texas Winter Storm. Non-recreational species constituted 91 percent of the total mortality in numbers, and spotted seatrout dominated the remaining 9 percent of game species that were […]
May 28, 2019

Releasense Teaches Catch-Release Skills

Shimano, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi Harte Research Institute (HRI) for Gulf of Mexico Studies and Coastal Conservation Association (CCA) are proud to announce the launch of a cooperative effort called RELEASENSE to promote and enhance the traditional role […]
July 6, 2018

How to Catch the Big 3 Properly

Catch and release has become an extremely important part of fisheries management. Originating in the bass fishery where Ray Scott and B.A.S.S. found it necessary to propagate tournaments while promoting conservation it is now commonplace in […]